Families in Global Transition: FIGT is a welcoming forum for globally mobile individuals, families, and those working with them. We promote cross-sector connections for sharing research and developing best practices that support the growth, success and well-being of people crossing cultures around the world.
Critical Mixed Race Studies: CMRS is an annual conference, field of study, and scholarly and activist community.
Sea Change Mentoring: The leader in relationship-based learning and well being in the international school community.
BOOKS, MOVIES, MEDIA
Books that helped Lisa to feel normal
• Miscegenation Blues: Voices of Mixed Race Women. Edited by Carol Camper.
• Writing Out of Limbo: International Childhoods, Global Nomads and Third Culture Kids. Edited by Gene H. Bell-Villada and Nina Sichel, with Faith Eidse and Elaine Neil Orr.
• Third Culture Kids: Growing Up Among Worlds by David C. Pollock, Ruth E. Van Reken, Michael Pollock.
• Unrooted Childhoods: Memoirs of Growing Up Global. Edited by Faith Eidse and Nina Sichel.
• Growing Up in Transit: The Politics of Belonging at an International School by Danau Tanu.
Good Reads for TCKs: Expat Since Birth's ongoing bibliography of books, sites, films, and theatrical productions about “Third Culture Kids”, expats, etc. Curated by Ute Limacher-Riebold.
TCK Resources: Books, videos, and websites for Third Culture Kids.
Diahann Reyes-Lane: Diahann is a published author and speaker on growing up interculturally, women's relationships with their bodies, and creativity.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated on when we’re coming to a venue near you.